Sunday, April 15, 2012

Weeks 10 and 11

We have definitely had a busy past two weeks. Being back to school after spring break has really wiped me out. I am exhausted when I get home. Bedtime has rolled around by 8:00 for me every night.

We heard the baby's heartbeat at our appointment last week. It was so quiet that the doppler could barely pick it up, but we heard it! I was so excited to hear it. Our doc said the heartbeat was at about 170 bpm (totally normal). Everything else looked great at my appoinment too. I have hypothyroidism so they monitor that really closely and my blood work has looked great so far. That is such a relief because it can really cause problems for baby.

A week ago we told my husband's brothers and our nieces. We met them for dinner the Friday before Easter. I made the two girls an Easter bag and on the front I wrote "Happy Easter, Love, Your New Cousin." Our older niece, who is a sixth grader, got it right away and looked right at me and said "you're going to have a baby!" Tal's brothers and our younger niece, who is a third grader, took a little longer for it to sink in. Everyone was ecstatic though. Of course we spent sometime brainstorming names with them and there were some pretty interesting ones coming up. We had fun!

This past week we had two friends down for dinner. It was really fun to share the news with them. Our old roommate, Jake, and Tal's childhood friend, Ryan, were very excited for us. It was fun to start sharing the news with people. Ryan asked if he could be the godfather with my sister, who he adores. I didn't think that would work considering my sister is married to someone else. I also got to tell my boss this week. She was beyond thrilled. I got 5 hugs in our short meeting!

I am going to share our news with my co-workers this week. I plan to bring some donuts to our staff meeting on Tuesday morning and surprise them with a note in the box that says "Look who has a bun in the oven!" with my picture next to it. They are just going to die. I can't wait.

We are having our first ultrasound next week to have a nuchal translucency test done. They will be doing some early genetic testing. It is not invasive at all so we thought we should do it. I was more excited about the ultrasound just so we can see baby!

As you can see, we have been super busy. I am so close to the end of the first trimester. I am really looking forward to that and seeing this nausea hit the road. Most of all I am looking forward to sharing the news with the world this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment