Thursday, August 22, 2013

11 Months Old Already!

I can't believe we are a month away from Harper's first birthday! We had an amazing summer at home with her. She has grown again and is really making her way around the house. She can crawl at lightening speed. I swear! She is still cruising and can stand alone for about 10 seconds but still is working on walking by herself. She learned how to climb stairs and thinks it is a game now. She laughs so hard when I catch her climbing stairs. It is so cute, but so mischievous.

Our new bedtime routine is working like a charm. I am so happy!

We are just a couple of days away from going back to school. I always love back to school time but I am so sad to not be able to spend my day with my girl. The first day of school will be hard. I'm sure she will love daycare though. We will be taking her to the same daycare she went to last year so that should help ole mom with the transition.

We went to visit my family in Olympia this past weekend. Harper really enjoyed hanging out with her grandmas and grandpa, uncle, and aunts. She even got to spend some time with Grandpa Mitch at the park. He absolutely loves taking her on the swings and slides.

Last week I took Harper swimming. She adored it! We were in the pool for about an hour. She "swam" with my help and splashed in the water. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and shining on the outdoor pool. I love Oregon in the summer.

Here are some pictures of what has been going on over the last month.


Harper and Daddy at the Homer Davenport Days parade in Silverton.


Watching Daddy barbecue.




Our silly girl claps her hands by hitting the backs of her hands. So cute!


Our friend Courtney will appreciate this. It's the Chucky face!











This girl loves to eat. She can pack away the food. I think she is so active all day she needs a lot of calories to keep her going!


It's pretty hard to get a smile out of her when the camera is out. She just wants to grab it now.


I can't believe how big she looks. I remember when she barely fit on this chair.




This expression really explains her feelings toward me as I was trying to get these pictures taken.



Just having some play time in her room.


Harper is so curious and loves to mimic everything we do now. She is so smart.  She also loves to talk. Here she is talking to me about what was going on outside.


It is hard to believe that this first year with my baby is almost over. It makes me feel proud of Tal and I for keeping her safe and helping her grow. It is crazy to think back to how Harper Lily entered the world. Looking at her now, you would never know she was a 3 pound, 15 ounce preemie. I am so lucky and blessed. This has been the best year of my life for sure!

I LOVE YOU HARPER!

No comments:

Post a Comment