Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby Makes Three??

I decided to start this blog after reading posts on some really awesome blogs the last couple of years. Some particular blogs I enjoy reading are all about pregnancy and babies. Well, I just found out that I may be pregnant. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to start a blog/pregnancy journal of my own. Here it goes...

My husband and I decided it was time to start a family around our three year marriage anniversary. I went off birth control this past July. We decided we would just do the "try not to try" method and see what happened. Well, it took about 6 months but I got 4 positive pregnancy tests this past week!

I have not seen Aunt Flo since January 26 and she is over a week late. I took a pregnany test last week (the day before I was supposed to see Aunt Flo) and it was negative. I decided to take another test after Shark Week still hadn't commenced after 4 more days of waiting. I took one after I got home from school on Monday of this week and...it was positive! I was so excited! I had to go to a mediation meeting for our school district and so I decided to pick up a digital test on my way home. I took that puppy right when I got home and it was positive right away! I also took one other digital test (just to ease my mind) and got another positive result. I decided to wait until the next morning to try one more and that one was positive too! I immediately called to schedule a dr. appointment and I have one this coming Monday.

Tal was so excited when I told him. He had a huge smile on his face. He is still a bit skeptical. He wants to hear it from the dr.

In the meantime I am trying to not get too excited about the possibility of a baby in our future. But with 4 positive tests and Shark Week a week late (which it is never late), I think it is pretty accurate to say I am pregnant. I am feeling a little apprehensive about the first trimester and making sure baby is safe and sound. I also am dying to tell everyone I know. That is why this blog is so great, I can spill my guts! I wish I could just shout it from the rooftops. Soon though!

Symptoms at 5 weeks: A little cramping, tons of bloating (I feel like I look pregnant and my bloody clothes did not fit this week), and some gas (lovely!), a little fatigued. I almost died on a three mile walk today. Usually I run my route! I felt like such a granny. Oh well, I am perfectly happy feeling the baby "pains" as long as I have a healthy babes.

Babes: The size of an apple seed or sesame seed. Looks more like a tadpole right now but all of the baby's organs are starting to form and soon a beating heart. Wow!

Due Date: According to The Bump and The Baby Center it is November 1. I may have a Halloween baby! That would just be amazing!

Waiting until Monday to go to the dr. and find out for sure is killing me! I know I can do it though and I am just so thrilled to find out.

Here are my four positive results!

Happy face with a positive test result!




No comments:

Post a Comment