Sorry, it has been a while since my last post. I was having a blogcation. :) Things around here have been nuts!! Tal was coaching basketball and that left me to be a "single parent" a lot of the time the last 5 months so I was pretty busy trying to be mommy, teacher, and keep our house in tact! We made it through basketball season though, and we are looking forward to spending time all together as a family this spring now.
Harper just turned 18 months last week. I cannot believe she is already a year and a half! She is so much fun right now. I love seeing her smiling face and chubby, pink cheeks each morning when she wakes up. She sure is a solid little thing, you would never know she was a preemie looking at her now. She is a little sponge, soaking up everything around her and learning so much each day. Here are some of her new "tricks."
- She loves the word "yo." She says "hi yo," "bye bye yo," and "night night yo." She even has her friends at daycare saying yo now. Who knew my kid would be such a gangsta!
- Tal taught her what a cow says, "moo," so now she can't get enough of the word moo. She even says "meow" now for a kitty.
- She still adores her "Poo" (Goldie) and loves to rock out to Who Let the Dogs Out. She fist pumps like she is straight out of Jersey Shore and says "who, who, who, who" with the music.
- Harper loves to sing. She loves "e-i-e-i-o" from Old McDonald, and "row, row, row" from Row Your Boat, and the verse "up above the world so high" from Twinkle Twinkle. She is quite the little singer around the house. She also loves to do Ring Around the Rosie with me. She learned it at daycare.
- She says hi to everyone she meets, whether we are shopping, or she is just saying hi to try and stay awake and not take a nap. She sure is friendly!
- She loves to point to ears, noses, eyes, and mouths and say the words. She picked up her Benny the Beaver hat the other day and started naming off the words and pointing to the parts on his head. It was pretty stinkin cute, and I was pretty impressed with my smart little girl.
- She also loves to say "owl" for her owl security blanket, "animal," and "wash" when it is time to wash her hands. AND, of course, "me" for her pacifier. She loves that stinking thing.
- Now she knows "stinky" and waves her hand in front of her face if she had a poo poo. She even says "ew" or "p-u" when we change her diaper. She even started coming to us to say "I poo" when it is time to change her. She has gone potty on the little potty at daycare but not at her potty at home though. We try every once in a while, but she is still young, so we have time to work on it. I was just excited to see her want to potty on the big girl potty.
- Her daycare teachers say she is such a mommy at daycare. She loves to take care of her playmates and help fold the laundry, just like she does at home. She still loves her babies too.
Trying on Daddy's flip flops.
She loves to climb in to things and see if she will fit. Baskets, the drawer under the oven, the space between bookshelves, she loves it all!
Strolling with her babies around the house before swimming one day.
Mmmmm, dairy queen!
She has discovered that olives fit on her little fingers and loves to eat them!
Again, climbing in to things, she loves to get out this bowl and sit in it.
She is going to be the flower girl in my cousin's wedding this coming month so here she is showing off her dress.
We took her to Lincoln City for spring break. She loved the beach. This was her first trip to see the ocean and she had so much fun running around on the beach and watching the water. We even had a day of nice sunshine at the coast!
Daddy trying to fly a kite for her. We were laughing so hard.
Harper "flying" the kite.
We found a cute park in Lincoln City to play at. She loves to play on the toys.
Benny the Beaver hat.
This is my new favorite picture. Daddy and Harper on the beach. I love how she is looking at the ocean and they both look like they are having a blast.
We ate very well on vacation. She tried clam chowder for the first time and loved it.
Beach tradition...Pig n Pancake! She had silver dollar pancakes and loved picking them up to eat them. She ate so many pancakes that morning. I didn't blame her...so did Mommy!
Happy spring everyone!