Sunday, February 24, 2013

5 Months of Bliss!

I am soooooo loving being a mommy. Harper is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just feel so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful family. I wake up every morning, no matter how tired I am, with a big smile on my face because I can't wait to hang out with my girl.

Harper has changed so much in the last month. She is definitely not a newborn anymore. She loves to interact with people in her baby talk. We just bought her an exersaucer. She LOVES sitting up in it and playing with the toys. She thinks she is such a big girl. She camps out in her Bumbo in the morning while I am getting ready. It is so fun to watch her sit up and be so strong. She has rolled over a couple of times too. Three times from her tummy to her back and once from her back to her tummy. I was so excited when she did it that I screamed. She just looked at me like I was crazy. She loves to play with her rattle and hold things like her toys and bottle. And of course everything has to be tasted. She "snacks" on her hands all the time and has been a drooling machine. I think teething is just around the corner.

Harper has started eating more at meal times. We had to move up a bottle size. She is now drinking anywhere from 4-6 ounces at each feeding. Such progress from our days in the NICU!

Now that she is in daycare she sleeps so well in the evenings and at night. We usually play for a while and I give her a bottle after daycare and then she will sleep for a couple of hours. Then she'll get up for a little bit and then take another bottle and be down for the night. We put in her in her bed around 8:00 and she is out. No fussing!! She'll sleep until about 4:30 or 5:00. Not a peep all night long. We are so lucky!

Daycare has been amazing. Harper loves it there and I know she is very well taken care of. The ladies love her sassiness and smile.

We took Harper to Doernbecher Children's Hospital earlier this month to have the flat spot checked on the back of her head. Tal and I were so nervous but we were pretty sure the flatness was from laying on the side of her head for so long, nothing too serious. Well, we were right, thank God!! Harper has Torticollis, which just means she has a strained neck muscle which makes it painful for her to turn her head in one direction which is why she always turned her head to the right, causing a flat spot. Well we have been doing baby PT at home and she is already doing much better. The doctor is very confident that she won't need anything more than PT at home to correct the problem. Since she was early her head was "mushier" than usual according to the doc. We go back in three months to check on it.

The great thing about the trip to Doernbecher was that we got to see how much she weighed. She was up to 13 pounds 2 ounces. You go girl!

I love you so much Harper Lily! Thank you for letting me be your mommy!


Harper's first Coug game! Went with Daddy and my dad. The Cougs beat the Beavs!



These pajamas are way too small now. She has grown so much. Already getting out the 6 month clothes.


Loves snacking on her squirrel paws!


Hanging with her poodle.


On the way to Daddy's basketball game. Go foxes!





She LOVES watching herself in the mirror.



Big girl in her exersaucer.





Yummy hands!



Family night at my cousin Mike's wedding.


Proud Momma!


Oops! A little mishap with her food.


Proud grandpa! Harper with my dad at the wedding.


Harper with Grandma and Grandpa.






I can't believe how much she is grown!


So serious.




What girl doesn't need accessories??



Love my owl booties! Thanks Courtney!



That's our girl! She's pretty darn cute huh! Please excuse all of the exclamation points. I am just so excited about Harper.

1 comment:

  1. No apology necessary! Proud Mama as you should be! She's darling!

    ReplyDelete