Monday, January 21, 2013

4 Months...What a Beautiful Baby We Have!

Harper Lily is 4 months old. I really feel like she is growing out of the newborn stage and starting to become more interactive and more alert. She is very curious about things happening around her and people too. She loves to watch things going on while riding facing forward in her Baby Bjorn. I love to make baby sounds and have her mimic me. It is so darn cute! She is getting better at holding her head up and sitting up supported. I just love to watch her do new things each day.

She had her 4 month check up last week and is weighing 12 pounds 2 ounces. She is in the 25th percentile for weight but the 75th percentile for length! We always thought she was long for being so small. Daddy was so happy, a future hoop player in the making! Tal took her to the doctor since I am back to work now. Which, by the way, has been wonderful. I have loved catching up with everyone at work and all of my kids. My class is awesome. They made me feel so welcome when I got back. I love going to work each day but I cannot wait to come home and see my baby girl at the end of the day.

I purposely scheduled the 4 month check up for when Tal was home so I would not have to do shots with her again. I hate that!! Well, the doctor wouldn't give her the shots because they had to wait until January 20, according to the 4 month mark, since she was born, September 20. Damn! I have to take her on Wednesday to get her shots now.

Tomorrow is Harper's first day at daycare. We have been spending the day getting everything ready to go for tomorrow. I am feeling apprehensive about leaving her but I know she is in great hands. Tal is pretty sad about having to go back to school after his two week paternity leave. He commented to me that he didn't realize how much he would enjoy staying home with her. I couldn't agree more!

I cannot believe how quickly time flies. She grows so much each day. I just don't want to miss a minute of it. I wish I could spend every moment with her. I know that is not possible though. I thank God everyday for such a beautiful family. I am truly blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment