Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Name Game

Last week was my 30th birthday (which was spectacular by the way, dinner and a movie with my man) and when I talked to my grandma on the phone she mentioned that it had been a while since my last post. Oops! Here are the baby haps in the last month:

We decided on a first name!!! That is a huge one. Tal and I have been debating over names ever since we found out we were expecting. We really liked Payton to begin with. Me being Miss Planner had a list of baby names that I had been adding to over the last year. It wasn't until a family dinner with Tal's family that we heard a name we both loved. Tal's mom mentioned the name Harper. After a lot of contemplation we decided last week that was the name. It is so exciting to have a name to call her now. We are still working on a middle name. Will keep you posted on that one.

I am now going to the doctor every two weeks since I am in the third trimester. We had an appointment last Wednesday and everything looks great. I am super healthy and so is Harper. My blood work has been normal (no thyroid problems interefering, thank goodness!), urine sample was normal, blood pressure was great, I haven't had any swelling or any major issues to report. Just a lot of body aches! I guess that comes with the territory. Harper's hearbeat is strong and she is a growing girl. I measured at 30.5 weeks at our last checkup. I have gained 16 pounds so far. For being 30 weeks pregnant, I feel pretty darn good about that. Everyone keeps telling me it looks like I haven't gained any weight except for the basketball in the front. I am still walking as much as I can which has been helping a ton.

In other baby news we scored a free bassinet from our neighbors (awesome!) and also a great deal on baby stuff from a parent at my school. We got a car seat, two car seat bases, a stroller, a baby carrier, a car seat cover, and a mirror for the car. Everything was $220! Amazing deal! We had all of that stuff on our registry and the price was about $575. Everything is like new and very well taken care of. The next day that same parent brought us four bags of baby clothes for free! Super adorable and in perfect condition. People are just so generous. I have had so much fun going through all of the clothes. I have washed and put away all of Harper's clothes according to size. I even have larger clothes washed and folded and stored in our new IKEA containers under her crib. This girl is going to have an amazing wardrobe.

At our 28 week checkup Tal and I had our whooping cough vaccines and I also had to get a Rhogam shot since my blood is Rh negative. I wasn't aware that I was Rh negative so the nurse explained to me what it was all about. Here is a brief synopsis:

"When Rh negative blood is exposed to Rh positive blood the Rh negative person begins producing antibodies to fight the invading blood. Antigens trigger your body to produce antibodies. Antibodies are usually a good thing and serve to protect a person from foreign invaders.
 
Now the problem lies when a pregnant woman is carrying a baby that is Rh positive. If the mother has antibodies to the Rh antigen, those antibodies can attack the baby's red blood cells. This can lead to complications to the baby including anemia, jaundice, and other blood related problems."
 
This shot was a doozy right in the rear! The needle was super thick and it kind of hurt, unlike most shots. Out of all the shots and blood draws I have had in the last couple of months, this one was by far the most painful. Totally worth it to protect our baby girl though.
 
My favorite baby thing right now is just to feel all of her kicks, jabs, and rolls. Harper is one active girl, must take after Tal! She is getting so strong. I just love to feel her moving around and knowing that soon we will get to meet her. It is so much fun!

In non-baby news, Tal and I start back to school tomorrow with inservice days and work days. I am actually really excited for school to start (I am every year). I love late summer/early fall in the Northwest and back to school time is so exciting. I have been setting up my new classroom and I love how it is turning out. I will post some pictures when I am done. I get to meet my new kids this week which I am really looking forward to.

I cannot wait to reveal our nursery pics. I just love everything about Harper's room. We are still working on things so I don't want to show it off until we are all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment